There are these five boys that I truly love. Perhaps you’ve heard of them? They have changed my life in a way like no other group ever could. It’s crazy to think about. Here are a few reasons why I love them oh so much:
1. The boys. Liam, Niall, Louis, Harry and Zayn. Five amazing guys. You need no other reason to be a fan.
2. They are so very funny. It reminds me how very real they are. They are not these slick, aloof celebrities. The boys are ordinary people who’ve done extraordinary things.
3. Their sincere love for their fans. Not many groups care for their fans like they do. It’s amazing that they love us so much. “Our girls”… Yes indeed. We are their girls through and through.
4. Their music. This is an obvious, yet subtle one. The songs they sing are amazing and not for the reasons you might think:
- The lyrics speak so clearly to the heart of girls everywhere. They address the some of the deepest longings of our hearts: to be beautiful, to be needed, to be truly loved, to be enjoyed just for who we are, to be fought for. It gives me hope that there are more amazing guys out there like these five.
- The songs are not about taking advantage of us or lusting after just our bodies (as so many other songs are.) Instead, the boys sing about taking care of our hearts, about loving us better than what we’ve settled for and doing their best to protect us from being hurt again. Yes. Please.
- They also sing about the pain that girls can cause. They remind us how deeply our choices can affect a guy’s heart. The boys inspire us to be better as girls.
[Please note: I know they do not write all their songs, so the messages are not always their original thoughts. However, the boys do sing these songs. They chose to sing these words. I don’t know them personally, but I’d like to think that they mean the words the sing.]
5. The boys are: Beautiful. Adorable. Handsome. Sexy. Cute. Charming. Delightful.
That’s all for now…enough gushing for today.